Our member offer
At Leeds Involving People, we strive to tailor our approach to meet your specific interests and needs. We will work with you to support your development and identify the approach to involvement which best suits you.
There are many ways in which we involve individuals and organisations which allow you to have your say in how health and social care services should be shaped, changed and managed.
Register and help shape services in your community
The following are some examples of the work we do:
- Surveys: Completing surveys are a good way to share your views and opinions by answering questions around specific issues and topics. We use the results of services to gather large scale responses around a particular subject.
- Focus Groups: Focus Groups provide you with the opportunity to meet with others to discuss your views and opinions around specific topics. We use these as a way of gathering meaningful information to take back to service providers.
- Meetings & Events: Our members are often invited to meetings and events to share their knowledge and experience so that they can discuss with others how services can be shaped and improved. These events are either ones facilitated by LIP or by our peer organisations within the city.
- Steering Groups: Our members are welcome to attend regular steering group meetings so they can help inform the areas of our work, discuss new ideas and develop new products. We are led by a board of service-users which helps to ensure that people are at the centre of what we do.
- Representation: If you are aware of the views and concerns of other people we will support you to feel confident enough to attend meetings and events where you can represent the voice of your community.
Being a member-led organisation means that the voice of our members – our ‘experts by experience’ – steers the direction of our work.
Ways in which your expertise is needed:
- To undertake research around hot topics
- To review the accessibility of involvement
- To join project steering groups
- To attend meetings and events as a representative of LIP
- To develop success stories for effective involvement
- To become a champion for involvement
Member benefits: Whether you’re an individual or an organisation, there are many benefits to working with us. If you become a member, we will:
- Personalise our approach to involving you
- Provide you with information from around the city
- Acknowledge your expertise and experiences
- Listen to your views and opinions
- Consult you on topics and issues
- Undertake research with you to validate your opinions
- Represent your opinions at a strategic level
- Take forward your concerns to commissioning bodies
- Involve you in key decisions surrounding health and social care services
- Provide involvement opportunities
- Signpost you towards other involvement opportunities
Training and Development
We offer training to help you become ready to get involved. This training can be personalised to suit your requirements. If you attend one of our training sessions, we will:
- Help you to better understand the benefits of involvement
- Assist you in independently representing your community
- Support you in identifying key partners to work with
- Help you to develop your own methods of involvement